Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Adoption- What a blessing

Now that we have finally started our blog i think its time i write about our adoption, i know some of you already know, but i have few people that i haven't talked to in awhile that don't know about this wonderful journey we are about to embark on.
Our little girl is due on August 19th and we are so excited!!!!! Brett and i decided in january that we would get the paperwork going for adoption and this was about the middle of january when we decided. One weekend brett and i took a trip to st. george to check out the school because we were thinking of moving there, but as we were driving home i got a call from my mom she wanted to talk both of us about some exciting news. She had got a call from a girl from virginia her name is samantha and she was in my dad's institute class down there. She had called my mom to tell her she was pregnant and that she wanted to place her baby with a good family that could give her child a better life than she could. My mom took the oppurtunity to let her know she has a daughter that has been unable to get pregnant and that we wanted to put our papers in for adoption, my mom wasn't telling her to choose us but she said she felt that she needed to tell her about us.
That drive home was so neat brett and I just had a peaceful feeling something we hadn't felt in awhile. Brett and i felt like this time would never come to have a family and here was our answer. From this point we started talking to her every other week and pretty much from the beginning we were told that she wanted us to be the parents. So we have been pretty much going through the whole pregnancy with her. Samantha is such a special person to us and she is doing the most selfless thing that anyone could do. Samantha is our superhero!!! we love her so much and without her we would not be able to start our family. We feel so blessed and we thank our heavenly father every day for this blessing. I believe things happen for a reason and that one of the reasons my parents went to virginia is to meet samantha.
Brett is so cute he loves shopping for all her stuff he even picks out her clothes and suprisinly he does a great job. He is so excited and that little girl will have him wrapped around her finger so fast!!!! I just want to thank all of our friends and family for there support in this time everyone has been so great and she already has so many people that love her. I will keep everyone updated on the progress its coming soon yahoo!!!!!

19 comments:

Jenn and Brandon said...

We are so excited for your guys! I can't wait for you guys to go pick her up so we can spoil her rotten! I'm already shopping for her too.

crazymamma said...

I am sooo happy for you two! My best friend here has adopted her two boys and sammy her baby was born in dec. Adoption is such an amazing blessing. I cant wait to here about the updates on your little girl! YEAH!!!!! do you guys have names picked out? seriously you should call me sometime so we can chat!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Giggles,
Holy cow! It is so good to know that you are alive and well! I am so excited for you to become a mom. You will be...crazy and excellent. Being a mom is the most amazing thing in the world. I'm sorry to hear of your struggle to become a mom:( You rock and you bring a smile to my heart!!! I will add you as a friend to my blog.
Love,
Disco

Kendal and Kendra said...

You guys are going to be the cutest little family! I can't wait for you to have her in your arms! It is the greatest feeling! Adoption really is one of the biggewst blessings in this world. It amazes me how it all turns out the way it is supposed to! We love you guys- pleasae let me know how we can help!

jen&boys said...

What a neat post. It choked me up. I can't wait to meet your sweet little girl. You two will be such amazing parents!

tanni said...

Oh my heck! Knowing you for almost a yeAr Becca.... Its so awesome to see you guys on this wonderful journey! I can say me being adopted, that not only is it a blessing for you guys to adopt this little girl, she will forever thank God for giving her such amazing parents, just as I do every single day of my life. You know my family is crazy, we're on speaking terms every other week, but not a day goes by that I don't thank god for my mom and dad I can just say your baby girl will feel the same way if not more! You guys are pretty amazing people.....well Becca you are, I don't really know your hubby, but he seems pretty aweome too! Good luck to you all and I'm sure well talk more at work! =)

Nick and Amera said...

YOu guys are the best! What a great opportunity for you both! Adoption is such a great blessing and so many people just dont understand the true miriacle is truely is! We're so proud of you guys and are so excited for you to have a family of your very own! YOu guy are going to be amazing parents!! Let us know more details and seriously if we can do anything to help, let us know! We are so happy for you guys! Way to go!!!

Jenny and Jake said...

I am so happy for you! It is so fun to get in touch again! I added your link on our blog:) Here is the link to ours jennyandjake.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

I'm so excited for you two. God does work in mysterious and magnificent ways!

Annie said...

Becca! I'm so happy to find you have a blog! I've thought about you a lot and wondered how you are doing. I am so excited about your upcoming adoption!!! My brother and his wife have adopted one darling little girl and just found out last week that they get to adopt another little boy in July. Adoptions are so beautiful and it's so evident that these children are born to come to YOUR home! I'm so excited to hear all about it. Just love you and hope all things beautiful for you. We're also bloggers. You can check us out at: karrenfam.blogspot.com.

Sending lots of love,
Annie (Burton) Karren aka Dandy

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you Becca. I'll never forget Brett holding Jacob when he was a baby and they just stared at each other and Brett looked at me and said "I like this." He will be such a good dad and you will be an incredible mom! You have so much love to give, your kids will be so lucky. Good luck! Keep us posted!!

Muir Family said...

We're so happy for you two. You will be great parents!!! I wonder if that baby knows how lucky she is to have you two. Keep posting, we love to hear what you're up too. We have a blog too--you can check it out if you want. We're having a little girl-due the middle of Sept. Congrats!!!

AngiDe said...

Becca, what a wonderful blessing! We could'nt think of a more deserving couple than you and Brett. That little girl is lucky to have you two as parents. Can't wait to see pictures of her and see you guys together as a family. We so excited for you! We love and miss you guys!

Miranda Whitney said...

Hey stranger I saw your blog from nicoles I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to say hello :)

Miranda Whitney said...

Congrats on your adoption that is so awesome, you two will be wonderful parents :)

Jen said...

HEY Becca! It's Kodak! I saw your blog address on the oakcrest site... I am so excited for you to be a mom. It sounds like you have had a long road coming to this point. I am so happy for you guys. I would love to heasr from ya!

wishesUT said...

What a sweet post. I'm sitting here crying. It could be new mom hormones or it could be that I am so excited for you and Brett to be new parents. I think it's the later. I can't wait to meet your new little one.

Jessica said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy to see your pics and learn about your life right now. Congrats again on your baby. love you, jessica (Burton) Buer

Eden said...

Giggles- It's Poppy from Oakcrest. We missed you last night at the reunion. Just know - you were thought about. As I am reading your post I am tearing up. You are going to be a wonderful mother. I'm thrilled that you get this experience. Hope all is well. Good luck with the papers and every thing that is about to happen. :)