Friday, August 29, 2008

Avery Samantha Muir




Here is our sweet baby girl!!! She was born August 13th at 2:30 pm and she weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. We are just loving every minute of being parents and she is the joy of our lives. I have so many pictures of her and i hope to do a slide show later so you can see all of the pictures from virginia. We had to stay in Virginia for 13 days, and we finally arrived home on tuesday and we are so excited to show her off!! The top two pictures are of her in the hospital and the other two are at the home we stayed in. I love the picture of her birthmom samantha holding her that is such a priceless picture. Samantha is our superhero and we are so grateful for her strength and love for avery to give her the best life possible. We feel so blessed to have avery home and to have been able to go through this wonderful journey of adoption. Well i have to go now because i am on mom duty now she will be getting hungry soon. I have lots more pictures i want so share so keep checking. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers through this time we love you all!!

21 comments:

tanni said...

Aw! She's so BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm so glad you finally posted about her!!!! I'm so every happy for you guys! She is just beautiful! I noticed you went with Samantha for the middle name! I like it!

Kendal and Kendra said...

She is so stinkin' cute! Ok- she is beautiful! We can't wait to come see her! We are so happy for you guys! Adoption really is the neatest experience! What a blessing!

Heidi said...

Hey Brett and Becca! she is adorable! We are so happy for you two! You will be the best parents. She is such a blessing. Congratulations!!

Muir Family said...

We're SOOO happy for you guys. She's beautiful!!! She is one lucky gal to have you two....you guys really will be the cutest parents. Our little one will be here on the 12th of Sept, so they'll only be a month apart. Congrats again!!

AngiDe said...

She is a doll! Can't wait to meet her!

Nick and Amera said...

Wow, is all I can say...wow. We are so incredibly happy for you guys, what an awesome experience.....wow!

Annie said...

OH . . . I've been dying for this post! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!!!! I'm so happy for you. And, I love that you chose the birth mother's name for the middle name. My brother and sister-in-law did the same thing with the little girl they adopted. Such a sweet tribute to the birth mother.

I bet you are just the most darling, doting Mommy. I love you and I love Avery and I'm just so so happy for you. Here's wishing you a good night's sleep - if that's possible with a newborn! Can't wait to see more of your little dolly.

Shauna said...

oh becca and brett!! Your little avery is sooo adorable! What an amazing time for you guys! i am soo happy for you! And i love the name! SOOO adorable! how is parenthood? are you getting any sleep? i am glad that everything went smoothly and that this little bundle of joy is with her mommy and daddy!!

I'm Mindy. said...

What a doll!! Congrats on your sweet miracle. Adoption is such a blessing!! You will be such a great mother!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Congrads! She is beautiful and is very blessed indeed to have two mothers who love her. You will be a wonderful mother! I am thrilled for you!

jen&boys said...

What a beautiful girl! We are so excited for you guys.

Carina said...

Avery is adorable, I am so excited for you!

Tara Bourne said...

congrats. that is just so exciting. and she looks perfect. Katie

wishesUT said...

We're so happy that we got to meet her on Sunday. She really is very beautiful. Good luck with those long nights. We love you all.

Tori said...

Congrats that is so great!

Krystal said...

Hey this is Krystal, Angies sister. Congrats you guys shes beautiful how fun. Good luck.

Jeff Sollis said...

Rachel and I have been thinking a lot about you guys over the last couple of weeks. We know that you will be such great parents. She's beautiful!
Brett - Call me, fool! Consider it a Blood Challenge.

Wesley Warren said...

This is the best thing I've heard in so long! You guys are the funnest (and funniest) couple I've ever known (unless Jonathan could marry himself) - so don't let being parents change that! Brett, keep being really dorky and goofy (like you could change) and Becca keep laughing at everything (although you're pretty hilarious in your own right - I don't think I'll every get you on top of a cafeteria table shouting "Se! Se all around!" out of my head.). Your little girl is going to have the happiest little childhood because of it.

Eden said...

Wow! She's beautiful.

Congrats.

Poppy

Kaydee and the boys said...

Becca! I found you from Amera's blog, CONGRATULATIONS! She is absolutely beautiful!!! I miss you people.

Natasha said...

Wow I can't believe you had to stay there 13 days. I don't know how it all works though. What a great blessing and she is so beautiful.