Avery got this cute doll from my sister. I gave it to her a few days ago and she loves it. She grabs it and tries to eat it and gives it hugs. Its so fun to see her start enjoying her toys and also nice that something else can keep her occupied. On monday avery turned 4 months! She is getting the cutest personality always so happy!!! Another thing thats exciting is she is sleeping through the night. On monday night we decided it was time to try to see if she could get to sleep without one of us rocking her or swaddling her. I was a little nervous because we have swaddled her from day one, but i was so sick of doing it and she would escape from it anyways. So around 9 we just set her in her crib awake and let her cry it out and boy did she cry! it was the worst night ever i hardly slept and i kept wanting to go comfort her. I have been reading this sleep book called "healthy sleep habits, happy child" and it talks about getting your child to comfort themselves to sleep and if you do it early they will get good sleep habits. I have known a few people that have gone by this book and swear by it. But that night i was thinking i don't think this is working, but i knew from reading the book that i would have to stick to it for a few days to know. So after that awful night we attempted it the next night,and this time she only cried for one hour and then slept all night!! and since then it has just been getting better and better. Now i can say this book is so right! Its so nice to be able to get a full nights sleep and i have to say she is much happier as well. So if anyone wants to get there baby to sleep better read this book. Its not easy and is still hard to hear her cry, but i know now that even if she is screaming she will go to sleep.
Avery is now 14 lbs and 23 1/2 inches she is 75% in her weight, but only between 25% and 50% in her height. She is just growing so big , but the doctor said she is growing good and is a healthy girl. She is such a sweet girl and i am such a proud mom!






8 comments:
oh my gosh! that is seriously so cute how she is with that baby doll! she is so precious! I hope you guys have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Avery is so beautiful. I have not forgot about our lunch, my life has been WAY crazy. We have been dealing with chicken pox for over a month and we have really be quarentined to the house! As soon as we are better, hopefully by the first of Jan we will get together. Hope you guys have a great Christmas.
Oh my gosh those pictures are so cute!!!! I love her! And that is awesome she is sleeping through the night. I bet that is so nice for you!
I believe in Healthy Sleep Habits, too. That's what I've used with both of my girls and even though the training part of it is hard, they learn so quickly and both are great sleepers now. Congrats on sleeping through the night! That's the best.
Love little Avery with her baby doll. So sweet. Merry Christmas.
Good job becca- you are a great mom! She is sleeping- wahoo! I can't wait for another month to go by so we can try it out ourselves! yay! Lets get together soon! We miss you guys! Kaden is almost as big as avery- yikes!
ohhhh that is soo cute! i love the pics of little avery and her dolly! I know your pain with listening to you little one cry at night and you sooo badly want to go in there but you know you cant..i sweat with my youngest it took him like a week...he would cry and cry and cry..seriously jesse would have to literally pin me in our room so i wouldnt go in there..but it was worth it! Finially after 5 days of screaming at night..he decided he could too sleep throught the night..sheesh these little ones!! I love hearing about all the cute new things she is doing! Tell brett hi and i hope that you guys have an awesome christmas!! do you remember that one year when it was christmas and jesse and i say you and brett in the car on the freeway! hahaha i was just thinking about that!
ok my grammer and spelling is horrible!! i meant when jesse and i SAW,,not say!
Isnt that book the best? My friend gave it to me when I had McCoy and I swear by it! Gotta love those full nights rests!!! What a cute little Avery you got there! She is so fun and I can tell she loves her mommy and daddy much!!! Hope you guys have a wonderful christmas!!! Oh and that doll.....LOVE THE DOLL!
Post a Comment