Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sealing Day!

The Best Day Of Our Lives














Words from Brett:

March 14Th was a special day for our family, it was the sealing and blessing of our little girl Avery. Becca & I have been looking forward to this special day, and it turned out to be just that....special. We couldn't be more thankful for such a cute little girl! She has been such a blessing to our family, and days like this , confirms that families are forever and priceless. We would like to thank everyone that could be there to support us. Thanks family and friends.

Now its my turn to say a few words. Yesterday was a day that i will cherish forever. We arrived at the bountiful temple at 9:45 and from the beginning the temple workers took us by the hand and were so helpful every step of the way. Avery went into the nursery while Brett and i got ready. Brett and I were able to spend some time in the celestial room while we waited to go into the sealing room. That moment was so surreal thinking back to the last time we were in this moment was when we were married. It was so crazy to think after six years of marriage we were here back in the temple getting sealed to our precious daughter. We then went and met our sealer and then we were off to the sealing room. Walking in that room was so amazing and seeing all our friends and family there to support us was so neat. Our sealer was great so funny and very personable. Then the moment came when Debbie brought Avery in she looked so adorable in her beautiful white dress. She was so cute she was giggling and so happy!!!! We were sealed as a family for eternity what a special gift that is. I am so grateful to be a member of this amazing gospel and to believe we can be together forever!!!


Avery was starting to get a little fussy, but as soon as we got her outside and she saw all her cousins she was happy again. We took a few pictures and the weather couldn't of been more perfect. We then headed off to my parents for the blessing and luncheon. Brett gave Avery the most wonderful blessing. He let her know how much she is loved by her parents, family and most of all her birth mom Samantha. Avery was so cute all day and she only had cat naps in the car. She must of known it was her special day and she didn't want to miss any of the fun. I just want to thank everyone who came to share this special day with us. It wouldn't have been complete without all of you there. The day couldn't have been more perfect, and I feel so blessed to Avery's mom. Avery we love you so much! I hope someday when you read this you will realize what a special day this was for our family.



25 comments:

The Lind's said...

Congrats! What a special day! That was such a sweet post. It made me cry. It reminded me of the day Zach was sealed to Gerry and I. What an amazing thing that families can be together forever! I am so happy for you guys! You make a beautiful family!

Kendal and Kendra said...

Oh- you guys are so cute! Those pictures turned out great! Isn't the temple so amazing?! Love it!

Jenn and Brandon said...

Oh, it was such an awesome day. We are so happy for you guys!

Madame Mauri said...

Thanks again for letting me be a part of such a special day for your family! It was such a spiritual experience and Avery is so blessed to have such great parents and to be raised in the gospel. It was a wonderful day, I'm so glad I was there!

tanni said...

congratulations! what a speacial day! what a sweet post, it brought me to tears! i'm so happy for you guys!

Laci, Jonn, Kaden and Maylee said...

You guys looked so happy! I am so sad I missed it! I seriously wanted to cry!!! It looks like all went well! She looks so happy!

Keli said...

Becca, I am so sorry to have missed this! They day got a little out of hand for us, I had to go into work (long story). Congrats, and you all looked so beautiful. I am so happy for you guys. We need to plan our next lunch date.

Emily said...

I am so happy for you guys! What an incredible experience! What a beautiful family and a blessing to have that priesthood power on the earth!!!!

jen&boys said...

What a beautiful day! Thanks for letting us be a part of it! We love you guys!

crazymamma said...

oh becca and brett! i was soo excited to read about this day! i am sooo happy for you guys! I absoutly love your darling little girl..she is soo cute! And i am soo happy for you guys! When i went to the sealing of my best friend up here who has adopted both of her little boys..it was one of the most spirutal amazing coolest days ever! I can only imagine how you two must feel! Congrats..that is soo awesome!

Jan said...

Becca, I stumbled across your blog while I was looking at some others this morning. It has been such a long time since I have seen you. It is funny because I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing! I am thrilled for you and Brett. She is a doll!

Nick and Amera said...

We love you guys! We're so happy for you and are so glad that Avery is sealed to such special parents. Congratulations! Im so glad we got to read about your expereicne but we're sorry we werent able to come. We appreciate your friendship though and hope that from here on out goes well for you and your family. We love you!!

Bethany said...

What a precious little girl you two have. She is so cute, and smiles all the time I swear! I am so so happy for you all. What a great day!

Krystal said...

congrats on the big day. That must be the best feeling in the world to be in the temple with family and friends to be sealed to your daughter.

dubb and dawni said...

Hey Muir little family...you brought tears to my eyes! You guys are so deserving of this special angel baby. May you always have that special day as a reminder Family are Forever. Congrats !!

Natasha said...

Congratulations! What a happy special day. She is yours now forever! That is so amazing! You and Brett I know are great parents and your little Avery looks so happy in all of the pictures. She knows she is so loved! Congrats again, I'm so happy for you guys.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I'm crying tears of joy for you! Congrads on your beautiful sealing! You are an amazing family!

Micah-n-Holly said...

What a wonderful post! We are so happy for you guys. I am so happy that you guys get to be an eternal family of 3 now! Heavenly Father sure has His eye on all of us! Isn't it wonderful? Avery is ADORABLE, by the way! I talked to Samantha the other day and she was beaming too. She is one amazing girl. You guys make such great parents too, by the way! LOVE all the pictures!

Jan said...

I was just looking at the picture of your family at the temple and realized that you and Jenny Langston must be sisters! I knew you reminded me of someone! Jenny and Troy were in my ward in Clinton - in fact Troyo was Young Men's Pres. when I was Young Women's Pres. until they moved!

I'm Mindy. said...

I am so happy for you!!!

Don and LauRene said...

Best of all for me was to have Avery recognize me while in the temple. Do you believe a 7 months old child would remember a grandma Great who had been with her the day before? Can't beleive it. She was so curious while the sealer held her because he said he had learned not to let a very small child see its mother or trouble.
What a doll baby she was. Becca and Brett you have taught her well!

Carina said...

Wow, what a great day! Avery is adorable. I can't wait till her and Siena meet, I think they will be good friends!

Angie and J.D. said...

Congrats! She's so lucky to have such awesome parents. What a sweet family. I'm sorry to have missed this!

Heidi said...

Avery is so beautiful! Your family is meant to be! What a special day. We are so happy for you. I can't believe we haven't seen more of you guys. We really do need to get this kids together sometime. I think they will be good friends! Congratulations on such a memorable day. I know Avery is as blessed as you guys are!

Gary and Jenessa said...

What a neat day! That is such a beautiful and wonderful thing. I am so grateful to know that families are forever! Congratulations on your very special day! You are completely and eternally a beautiful little family!