Thursday, August 13, 2009

A day to reflect

So today is Avery's official birthday and I am feeling so many emotions. First off I can't believe my little girl is already one...how time has flown by. What sweet memories I have of this time one year ago. I remember when I got the call on August the 12th that Samantha was going into labor. Brett and I were so excited we hurried home to start getting ready to go meet our sweet baby girl. I remember the butterflies, the excitement, and the anticipation we were feeling all at once. We didn't get on a plane until the next day which was the 13th, and we thought for sure Sam would have the baby that morning. But little Avery was not coming very fast, and poor Samantha was in labor for 30 hours!!! We arrived at the hospital when Avery was only 3 hours old. When we got to the room and we saw our beautiful baby all the nervous feelings left. She was absolutely perfect in every way. I will never forget what I felt that day, and I hope I will always remember so I can tell Avery one day.
As I ponder on this past year I just get so overwhelmed with emotion. First I just get a little teary because how blessed I feel and how lucky I am to be a mother. At one point in my life I never thought it was going to happen for me, but it has and I feel so grateful. I also get a huge smile on my face because Avery just makes me so happy. She is such a bubbly and one happy go lucky little girl. You can not be around Avery without smiling. Like what Brett put in her one year video sums it up... Laughs, smiles and a few screams entered our home. Now that she is here I can't imagine my life without her. She is my life, my love and my happiness. Avery this is such a special birthday for you, and will be something I will never forget. Dad and I love you so much and are so excited to share many more birthdays with you.

Happy 1st Birthday Avery

7 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

That was so sweet!! Happy birthday little one!

Gary and Jenessa said...

I can't believe she is already one! She is so cute!!! I'm so happy for the two of you that your little angel finally made it to your family! My sister is thinking about getting a new camera so she can really get into taking more pictures. so if you want I can give you her e-mail or something so you can contact her.

Emily said...

Avery is so lucky to have such a wonderful Mommy and Daddy!

Kendal and Kendra said...

Way to make me cry! I am so happy for you! Avery is a blessing in so many lives- and an amazing little girl! We love you guys and think you are such a great family!

Madame Mauri said...

Happy Birthday Avery! I can't believe she is one either! It goes so fast! Avery is such a happy and beautiful girl! She fits with you and Brett just perfect! You were meant to be together!

Krystal said...

happy birthday avery a little late. SHe is so cute. Im so happy for you guys and what a beautiful family you have.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

What a big girl! She is so sweet! Congrads on having a one-yr-old!