Our birth mom came in town on Monday for a week. On Tuesday we headed up to the cabin for a couple of days to show her what the beautiful mountains have to offer. It was also Avery's first time up there. I love being up at the cabin to get away from our busy lives, and have time to just spend with family. Ashlyn also came she hasn't been since she was a baby. We didn't get up there until about 3, but it was still enough time to have lots of fun. We first started by taking a walk and enjoying the beautiful scenery.
We had a great night by the campfire eating hobo dinners and having smores. We stayed by the campfire telling stories until it got too cold, then we went inside and played games til midnight. Nothing gets better than that! Avery missed out on all the fun, but maybe next year she will be able to stay up later.
The next morning we hung out at the cabin making breakfast, and taking another walk around the cabin. We cleaned up and headed out to mirror lake.
Mirror lake is one of my favorite places, and has so many memories for me. We wanted to show Samantha some of the beautiful places that Utah has. We spent a little while at the lake having a picnic and taking a walk around the lake. We also drove to the Provo river outlook such beautiful waterfalls. As a tradition as a kid we always stopped in Kamas for ice cream. We couldn't go home until taking her there. Its just a drug store, but it has the yummy leatherby's ice cream. We had a great 2 days, and so nice to have Samantha there to spend it with us.









3 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! I love campfires and s'mores! I've never been to Mirror Lake. We should go sometime and take a picnic.
Fun! I am glad Samantha was able to come out!
Sounds like you guys had a blast! I know Samantha had a great time! I am looking forward to catching up with her soon and hearing all the details of her long awaited trip to Utah!! You guys are such a CUTE family, by the way!
Post a Comment