Last weekend Brett and I were able to take a trip to St. George just the 2 of us. It was so nice to spend time with my hubby. My in laws offered to watch Avery for us and it was bittersweet. I was so sad to leave her, but excited to have some alone time with Brett. I knew she was in good hands and would have tons of fun. We left early on Friday morning we were trying to get down there by 2. Our plan didn't quite goes as planned because we had car trouble in Nephi. My car was overheating and come to find out from the mechanic looking at it the coolant tank wasn't filled. It was totally empty...and I just had my oil changed a week before this, so I guess they didn't check my fluids. kinda scary, but at least we got all fixed. We didn't get there til 4, but at least we made it safe.
Grandpa had to work, but we were able to spend some time with Grandma. She took us to a yummy little restaurant called Island Broiler and we were able to sit outside in beautiful weather and catch up. We also took a little trip to the home depot to see Grandpa. We finally got home and watched Sherlock Holmes and ate ice cream! Such a fun night. The next day we did some shopping(my favorite thing). Brett, Grandpa and his cousin Joe went golfing at Sky mountain and they had a great time, and Brett even took pictures. After the boys were done golfing we had a bbq with Joe and his wife Kathyrn. We had such a fun night playing my favorite game mexican train and chatting the night away.
On Sunday we were able to go to church with them and were even able to go to all 3 blocks. After church we had nice dinner(Grandma is an amazing cook and I always eat way too much) We then took a few minutes to take pictures. Unfortunately Grandpa had to go to work, so that is why he is missing. Abby also joined the photo shoot I love this dog and wanted to steal her and take her home. It was such a fun an most of all a relaxing weekend. I loved spending time with my hubby and have hours to talk! I missed Avery so much , but I feel like such a better mom for taking some time for myself. I hope we can get back there soon.







No comments:
Post a Comment