Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day started off with a yummy breakfast made by my cute hubby!! He also gave me a gift certificate to get a massage. Brett knows what I love!!! Brett usually works Sundays, so it was so nice to have him home on Mothers day. I had a great day and thanks to my wonderful husband for making it special. After Avery's nap we headed up to see Brett's mom for a little visit. Since my mom won't be here next year I thought I should spend it with her. We went to my brother's house for a BBQ. It was so nice to be able to be outside and enjoy the nice day. Lila and Avery had so much fun playing together and as you can tell I had so much fun taking pictures of these silly girls. Avery loved the corn she would not let go of it even though there was nothing left. I think we found the trick to keeping her quiet!!

I cannot think of a better job than to be a mother. I feel even more lucky to be a mom to my sweet Avery. She is the light of my life and she makes me proud to be her mommy! I love her smile and the sparkle in her eyes!! I feel so grateful to my heavenly father for leading me to my special girl. I am also grateful for my wonderful mom. She is an amazing woman and I hope I can be half the mother she is to me. I am so lucky to have so many special women in my life to set amazing examples of what a mother should be.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mannly Painting Warranty said...

Those little girls look just darling in their dresses! How cute!

Jenn and Brandon said...

Once again...I forgot to sign out...Sorry. It was really Jenn commenting.Ü

Kendal and Kendra said...

Glad you had a fun Mothers Day! You are an amazing mom, and one I look up to for sure! Avery is so lucky to have you! Love ya!

The Harris Family said...

What adorable pictures and the corn on the cob is hill-larious!!! I'm glad you had a great mothers day. You are a great mom!!!

Melissa & DJ said...

Cute girl! Thats so exciting for your parents. They will be amazing! You are a great mom, thanks for sharing your great pictures.