Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Avery's first birthday party!



Saturday August 8th we celebrated Avery's 1st birthday. Her birthday is on the 13th, but her birth mom was in town, so we celebrated a few days early. We had a full house with all my family and Brett's and our friends. We had about 40 people, so many people that love Avery she is one lucky little girl. We started the party by having a BBQ and just hanging out. Then the real fun came when we went inside to stat Avery's party. She loved when we all sang happy birthday she was looking around at everyone wondering what was going on. She had the funniest faces through the whole song.




Then the time came to let her dig into her cake. I wasn't sure what she would do since I haven't given her any sweets yet. She did not hesitate at all she was loving the cake. She was digging in and enjoying every minute of it. Brett then painted her face with the frosting, and then the frosting was off into the hair. She was covered and she didn't mind at all. She was giggling and being so cute! Maybe it was the sugar high who knows.








Avery had so much fun opening her presents. She got so spoiled from everyone. Some of the things she got were: car seat, doll, shoes, clothes, and millions of books I think she got like 20 and most of them from her birth mom. She got a few toys, but mostly books which is good because I want Avery to love reading. She also got the cutest bows and a flower thing they hang on. Thanks everyone for all the gifts! After the gifts we went into the movie theater to watch Avery's first birthday video that Brett made. It was such a cute movie and everyone really enjoyed it. Thanks honey! it will be such a fun memory that Avery can treasure forever. What a fun first birthday she had. It was so fun to have Samantha the birth mom here to celebrate this special birthday with Avery. Thanks again to everyone who came we had a blast! Avery Happy Birthday we love you!


7 comments:

Annie said...

I can't believe she's already ONE! What a special little girl. Looks like you had fun celebrating.

xoxo

**the muirs** said...

We were so excited to celebrate Avery's birthday with you guys! I loved her enthusiasm with the cake! Hey can you send/burn me all the pictures you took that weekend? Or at least the ones that have Boston in it...I forgot my camera for all the important events!

Jenn and Brandon said...

We had so much fun at her party! Where did the year go? How can she be one already?

dubb and dawni said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Avery

Emily said...

Those are some of the best birthday party pictures I've seen--especially for a 1 year old! I am glad she liked it so much!

Bethany said...

Ahhh Happy Birthday sweet Avery! SHe is so adorable, as of course you know " ) Her party looked awesome.

Natasha said...

Wow I can't believe she is already one! She is such a doll and it sounds like you had a great day with her.