Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wheeler farm/new friend

The next day the boys were off to a golf tournament. We took the kids to Wheeler farm to see all the animals. Boston and Avery both enjoyed the ducks and we had to pull them away to see the rest of the animals. Next I wanted to take Avery to see horses since that is all she talks about these days. Boy was I wrong.. as we got closer she tightened her grip around me and kept saying don't!! and crying. She was totally terrified of them. Since we only see horses in books or cartoons she must not think the real thing is that cool. So much for the horses. I hope she will get use to them someday!! She did like the bunnys and ducks, but that was about it. Lately she gets scared of the funniest things..I hope this is just a phase. After Wheeler farm we grabbed some lunch and the kids went down for a nap.

After her nap a friend of Samantha's came to visit and bring Avery her birthday present. The funny thing is Lance and I went to high school together. He ended up in Virginia for school and in Samantha's ward..how crazy huh?? He was out here visiting is family and Samantha asked him to bring it by. At first Avery wanted nothing to do with Lance and stayed downstairs. She eventually made her way into the living room and opened her present. She got books and stickers and she immediately loved the book snow white. She sat up by Lance and he read her the book. Soon Avery was smiling and giggling with him.

No comments: