January 13th-16th we went to St. George for a getaway from the bitter cold. Brett's Grandparents live down there, and we always like going to visit them. I was a little worried about the drive and if Avery would last. Randy saved the day with his portable DVD player. We didn't arrive until about 10 that night, so we were all a little tired! The day the boys went golfing while Avery napped and Grandma and I were able to catch up. That night we went to Brick Oven for dinner Yummy!! We found out that Grandma and Grandpa are also addicted to 24. They had the 8th season that we have been waiting for I watched a few before falling asleep (I know big surprise).

Saturday morning we thought it was time for Avery to go have some fun. We took her to Jumpin' Jacks. At first she didn't wanted to go on anything and was acting all scared (so not like her). Brett kept trying and before you knew it she was having a blast. She was climbing up to the slides all by herself and going down the huge slides with no problem.

After getting all her energy out at Jumpin Jacks we went back for her nap. Grandma and I were able to go have some girl time, and what could be better than shopping. She took me to a upscale consignment store. It was such a cool store, and I found some really cute shirts which always makes my day. They seriously need that store here it would be a hit. Grandpa was so nice to stay home while Avery was napping. While we finished shopping Randy and Brett got in one more round of golf. When Avery got up from her nap I took her to the park. It was a perfect day lots of sunshine and we didn't have to even wear jackets. She had such a blast and so was I..I love, love the weather down there.
That night Grandma made a yummy dinner, and for dessert her chocolate sauce YUM!! We put Avery to bed at 8, and had our annual round of Mexican train. I was not on my A game that night I lost big time!! but it was still fun. We ended the night with more episodes of 24.

Avery loved little Abby and wanted to hold her like a baby. Avery was always chasing Abby and cats around the house. This girl loves animals!!

Grandma and Grandpa were so cute with Avery. She loved them, and especially when Grandpa would tickle her. They were quite smitten with Avery with her giggles and all. I am so glad we took her so they could see how big she is getting.

4 Generations! Abby didn't want to left out!


Grandma gave Avery this little doll. She asks where it is everyday. I was so sad to leave the warm weather, but we couldn't stay forever. I can't wait to go again!!
1 comment:
Looks so fun! I want to go next time!
Post a Comment