Monday, June 1, 2009

Our weekend

Saturday night I went with my parents to a wedding reception. It Sarah Merkley's wedding which is Avery's birth mom's friend. I feel connected to her parents since they have been there for Sam since day one of her pregnancy and through the whole adoption process. Being in Virginia for those 2 weeks I got the privilege to get to know the Merkleys very well. He is also the bishop of the singles ward that Sam attends. I wanted to take Avery to see them, so they can see how cute she is and how much she has grown. It was a beautiful wedding and I am so glad we were able to go. Avery has been sick with a cold again, so I was debating to go or not. I am so glad we went. My parents were watching Evie for the weekend, so she came along and it was so nice to have her there to entertain Avery. As you can see in the picture above Evie and Avery enjoyed dancing to the music.

Sister Merkley, Me & Avery

This is the bride Sarah Merkley and her fiance. Avery just loved looking at Sarah instead of the camera.


Bishop Merkley(he wanted to hold her right off. He kept commenting on how adorable she is)




This isn't the same night, but I had to post this sweet picture. The last couple of days she has been carrying this doll everywhere she goes. She gives her hugs and kisses its just the cutest thing ever. Her poor nose in the picture! She has had another cold, and this time she has a red nose from me wiping it so much. I hope she gets better soon.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so happy to see pictures from Sarah's wedding! I am glad you got to go!

Bethany said...

That is so good that you are so close to that family like that " ) Avery certainly is cute, I love the pic with the doll!

I tried calling you, " ) Did you get me msg?