Sunday, June 21, 2009

Portland trip

I arrived in Portland on Friday June 12th at 9:30 in the morning. When I arrived we got started right away on seeing Portland. Just down from my sisters apartment they have the cutest little shops and cafes, so we spent the afternoon walking around those. One of my favorite places was a little bakery called two tarts. It has little bit sized cookies that are so yummy! Its my kind of place because you can try a little taste of everything. After shopping we headed on the street car which is just like trax down to the harbor. We ate lunch at a really good seafood place and we sat outside enjoying the beautiful scenery. I wish I had pictures from that day, but my camera wasn't working.
After getting back I started not feeling well, and I thought it was because I had been up since 5:30 and I just needed to lay down. As we were walking back to the hotel my dad also wasn't feeling well. So lets just say it wasn't me feeling tired we both had come down with the flu. Avery and my mom both had it, so me and my dad were the next targets. We were sick in the hotel all night-not fun! My poor dad was way more sick than me with chills and all. We got through the night and just prayed we would be better by the graduation which was the next day at 3. I was feeling a lot better by morning, so thank goodness it was just the 24 hour bug.
Saturday was the big day the graduation. I am so proud of my sister for this huge accomplishment. She graduated with her masters degree in social work. I know she will do great things with her career. Way to go sister!!! After graduation we went to a restaurant that my sister and a few of her friends rented out for the night. We had a delicious dinner buffet and were able to meet all her friends I have heard about forever. We had a great night and I was so glad I was not sick in the hotel and was able to share this special day with my sister.



















Sunday June 14Th we headed out early to go see all the falls. The drive was so beautiful so green and I was in love with Portland already. Every fall we went to was breath taking. I wish we had more time to hike up to all of them, but there was so much to see and so little time. We did hike the horse trail it was so fun! The pictures don't do them justice you for sure have to be there. I hope someday I can take Brett and Avery to see it. We had a great morning enjoying the awesome scenery that Portland has to offer. We had to get back because Rick and Austin were flying in. We spent the rest of the afternoon going to lunch and taking Jenny and Troy to the airport. Then we were off to the beach house, so more pictures to come.



2 comments:

Angie and J.D. said...

What a fun trip! I am totally jealous about the hikes to the waterfalls. I think that's in my top 5 places I want to go!!!

Kendal and Kendra said...

Awesome pictures!