Thursday, October 14, 2010

The big 30!!!

On October 2nd I turned the big 30!! I have been freaking out and being 30, and not wanting to be so old!! But to much surprise turning 30 was not so bad after all. I woke up to my husband bringing me breakfast in bed..so yummy! and to top that off he gave me flowers and a card. The card he gave was too funny and I have to share...
It says you know you're turning 30 if...
You ever had a mullet or side ponytail
You have used a commodore 64
You owned a trapper keeper
You can name all the members of New kids on the block
You remember fast food burgers in a styrofoam container
You had a crush on Zach Morris from Saved by the bell. ( this is the one that cracks me up the most! and Brett knows me too well. I was obsessed with Zach and have many pictures of him in my journals.)

After a fun filled morning we got ready, and headed off for some more fun. Brett's parents watched Avery for the day, so we could just hang out the 2 of us. I have a tradition on my birthday to go up to Park city, and this year I wanted to keep the tradition going. We spent the afternoon shopping at the outlets. Brett wasn't loving the shopping, but he didn't complain and let me do my thing. I found some cute stuff and that always makes me excited!!

After shopping we went to my favorite restaurant on main st. called Bandits Bar and Grill. Its a yummy BBQ place. I love there beef brisket sandwich with a special homemade BBQ sauce..delicious!! I always over stuff myself when I eat there, but its all worth it. After dinner we headed back down to Salt lake to maybe catch a flick at the Gateway. I decided first to go get some jeans at Express and that took forever!! I swear I tried on every pair finding pants is hard!! By that time I was so tired and it was only 9:30, so I guess that's what you get for getting older!! On our way home we had to stop for my favorite treat..ice cream. I couldn't end my birthday without it. It was such a good birthday and best of all I got to spend it with my best friend..my wonderful husband. Here's to getting older! I hear the 30's are better, so lets hope so.


2 comments:

Krystal said...

happy birthday sounds like a great day. Love the card even I had a crush on zac from saved by the bell. My sister and I loved that show, who didnt?

Kendal and Kendra said...

So glad you had a happy birthday! Sounds like such a great day!