On Friday both Brett and I had the day off, so we made it a family day. We started the day off by getting family pictures..can't wait to get them back to show everyone. Later that night I decided we needed to have our own little Halloween party. I got this cute jack-o-lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's and after Avery and I made sugar cookies.
She loved helping me cute out the cookies, but most of all sneaking pieces of the dough to eat. We cut out pumpkins, bats and witches.
Then we all frosted and decorated our cookies. Avery was not so into frosting them, but dipping her knife into the frosting and eating it was a lot more fun. I thought she would love eating the cookies, but she would just lick the frosting off and leave the rest. I love starting fun little traditions with her and seeing how excited she gets.
Earlier that day we went outside to rake the leaves. My parents have way too many trees leaves were everywhere. Avery loved helping daddy, but kept getting distracted by the airplanes flying by. I wanted her to jump into the leaves, but she wasn't liking the idea..so much for a cute picture in the leaves maybe next time. We worked hard, but only got a fourth done, but we filled up 6 big bags of leaves!! Such a busy day, but we had such a fun day together. There was one bad part of the day and that was Brett getting into a car accident. My car is pretty much totaled, but I am glad he is okay. So glad we were able to spend the day as a family..nothing better than that.







2 comments:
So fun! What a cute mom you are!
Sounds like a fun day. You're a great mom. So sorry to hear about your car.
Post a Comment